MARITIME CONSULTING: YACHTS | MEGA YACHTS
Advising when you build or purchase your yacht
Helping our clients in selecting a good shipyard
(review of the financial statements..),
naval architect, interior designer, other subcontractors.
In case you buy a yacht, we have to check that the seller is in good standing, the yacht is in good condition (sea trial and condition survey), sold free and clear of all debts, claims, liens and encumbrances and the seller, as the legal owner of the yacht, has the valid right to sell her.
We also need to check the yacht's VAT status and if she complies with the international maritime rules, a Class Society's rules and the MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency) regulations, if so (Red Ensign).
Helping our clients in selecting the most effective and secure way for yacht ownership from a legal and tax/VAT point of view. If so, incorporation of a Company, VAT registration, registration with the various local Authorities, etc..
Assisting our clients in the negotiation and conclusion of contracts of building & acquisition of vessels according to the vessel codes, the international/internal maritime, legal (English Law, in particular), tax rules and as requested by a Class Society.
Advising and assisting our clients so as to secure and optimize every aspect of their operations with respect to the various administrative authorities: maritime, tax, customs, etc..
Indeed, there are many matters that need organising, including: yacht VAT regime, yacht registration, selection of deck officers and crew and drafting of their contracts, application for a ship radio licence, negotiation of yacht and crew insurances, etc..
Helping our clients in the management of their yacht. This implies to make:
- A regular supervision of operations made by the Captain,
- A preparation of the crew payroll, preparation of monthly salary slips, payment of salaries and social contributions , withholding taxes, if so,
- Monthly/quarterly management reports and annual budgets together with all necessary information to the owner,
- A regular supervision of budgets compared to actual expenses,
Providing our company clients with accounting and financial services:
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Bookkeeping including preparation of financial statements.
- Other services on request.
Advising when you charter your yacht
Assisting our clients in the review of charter contracts provided
by brokers, or in the drafting of these charter contracts if the yacht is chartered without a broker's assistance.
Advising and assisting our clients in their charter operations so as to optimize and secure the charter, according to the legislation applicable in the countries concerned: VAT, customs duties, local taxes, etc..
Advising when you sell your yacht
Advising and assisting our clients so as to secure and
optimize every aspect of the sale of the yacht.
In practice, this means we have to :
- Check the buyer's solvability and reputation, etc..
- Draft or rewiew of the sale contract according to international/internal (especially, English) law, maritime and VAT rules concerned.
- Take safety measures re. the deposit of 10% of the sale’s price paid by the buyer to the stakeholder (s) mentioned in the contract.
- Make the closing so as to complete the sale (release of the deposit and payment of the balance of the sale’s price by the buyer to the seller’s lawyer in exchange for all the documentation as requested by the buyer’s lawyer and reception of the yacht).
In case the seller is not one of our clients, we need to check that he/it is in good standing, the yacht is in good condition (in any case, a sea trial and condition survey are always requested by the buyer), sold free and clear of all debts, claims, liens and encumbrances and the seller, as the legal owner of the yacht, has the valid right to sell her. We also need to check the yacht's VAT status and if she complies with the international maritime rules, a Class Society's rules and the MCA regulations, if so (Red Ensign).
© 2003 - 2023 Verges & Co. International Law Office All Rights Reserved