We help you to answer the following questions and many others..
Building or buying
- How to find a professional Shipyard, Naval Architect, Interior Designer and other subcontractors?
- How to find a good yacht for buying? What does it mean specifically?
- How to select the most effective and secure solution for yacht ownership?
- How to secure and optimize your building or buying from a legal/maritime, tax (VAT..), technical and financial point of view?
- How to finance your yacht?
- Is it necessary/judicious to build or buy a classed vessel according to a Classification Society rules? If so, which one?
- When is it necessary to have a yacht certified according to the MCA Code (LY3) - Red Ensign, SOLAS - International, Divison 242 - France, Commercial Yacht Code - Malta, CCV Codes - Luxemburg/The Netherlands, etc..?
- Which Register, Which Flag: BVI, Cayman Islands, France, Greece, Isle Of Man, Italy, Luxemburg, Madeira, Malta, Marshall Islands, The Netherlands, UK, etc..?
- Which Port of Registry?
- How to supervise the building of your yacht?
- How to select your future Master, Deck Officers and crew? Are their certificates updated and in accordance with the STCW 95 (international maritime convention),
- Can they work aboard a British yacht (for example), if they are not
authorized by the MCA?
- How to select the Company in charge of your vessel and crew insurances?
- To buy or rent a mooring? Advantages/disadvantages?
- How to secure and optimize your charter from a legal, tax (VAT, other taxes) and financial point of view?
- Are you thinking to make a profit when charter your yacht?
- How to find a good buyer? What does it mean specifically?
- How to secure and optimize your sale from a legal, practical and financial point of view?
- VAT regime? Taxation of capital gains, if so?
© 2003 - 2019 Verges & Co. International Law Office All Rights Reserved